- 200 grams Wheat Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 100ml Water
A Chapati is very simple to make, and is a great compliment to any traditional Indian main curry dish.
- Place the Wheat Flour in a large bowl.
- Add a pinch of Salt.
- Pour in water until a thick even paste is produced.
- Take a handful of dough and make into a round shape using your hands.
- Flatten the ball onto a clean even work surface.
- Knead until an even circle shape is formed.
- Lift carefully with the palms of your hands, and place on a medium hot “TAWA” (note: a “TAWA” is a completely flat pan with no sides).
- After a few minutes lift the Chapati carefully, and turn over to cook the underside.
- The Chapati will start to rise and puff up in the middle, once this happens the Chapati is cooked and ready for serving.
Important note: A “TAWA” is required in order to cook the Chapati properly, and can be purchased from the Amazon store.