- 5 medium to large chunks of boneless Cod
- Crushed pepper
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
- Lemon juice
The traditional Fish Masala dish is a beautiful tasting Indian curry which is very enjoyable with a Chapati or Naan.
- Wash the fish and pat dry. Note: Thoroughly defrost frozen fish in a refrigerator – never use a microwave to defrost fish.
- Place the fish in a large bowl.
- Place all the remaining ingredients into a separate small bowl, and gently mix until a nice thick paste is produced.
- Pour the marinade over the cod fish pieces, and gently mix with your hands until all of the cod is covered.
- Leave in the fridge overnight to marinate further.
- Prepare a deep frying pan containing Olive Oil on a medium heat.
- When the oil is warm place the cod pieces into the pan.
- When one side is cooked turn over until golden brown.
- Place on a kitchen tissue to remove any excess oil.
- The fish is now ready for serving.