- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 2 chopped Onions
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- Whole Black Pepper
- Whole Cardamom
- Cinnamon sticks
- Whole Cloves
- Bay leaves
Pilau Rice is an excellent side dish to compliment any Indian curry dish.
- Wash the Rice 3 or 4 times.
- Soak the Rice in a bowl of water for 30 minutes.
- Once soaked, drain off all excess water.
- While the Rice is being soaked, use a deep pan to fry the remaining ingredients.
- Place 2 table spoons of Olive Oil into the deep pan.
- Place 2 chopped Onions into the same deep pan, and place onto a medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until the Onions are golden brown.
- Add the Garlic and stir.
- Place all the remaining ingredients into the pan, except the Rice.
- Stir well.
- After approximately 5 minutes you will begin to smell the aroma.
- Pour up to 1/4 cup of water slowly into the mixture, and leave to boil.
- The mixture will start to dry and the oils will be released.
- Add the Traditional Pilau Rice into the pan.