- 4 Potatoes
- Chilli powder
- Olive Oil
Spicy Chips are very simple to make and provide an excellent side dish to Tandoori style Steaks and Chicken.
- Wash the potatoes.
- Peel the potatoes with a standard potato peeler or a suitable knife.
- Cut into matchsticks of a suitable length.
- Heat the Olive Oil in a deep frying pan or an electric fryer.
- Place the chips into the frying pan and ensure they are covered with Olive Oil.
- After 10-15 minutes, once the chips are lightly tanned, remove and place on a plate covered with kitchen tissue – this soaks up any excess oil remaining on the chips.
- While the chips are hot, sprinkle with Chilli powder to suit.
This side dish can be served with a number of the Tandoori dishes on this site.